July 03, 2011

A Micro-Chaco?


Pueblo Bonito, Chaco Canyon, New Mexico

I was able to get my hands on some Department of Homeland Security aerial surveillance photos of the borderlands area and was able to locate my property.  It was an interesting perspective - seeing the  resemblance from the air that my studio under construction (below) has to Anasazi ruins at Chaco Canyon (above).  Of course not quite the scope, but the architecture at Chaco Canyon was my inspiration.


For more on the Anasazi Architeure that inspired my cob studio, click on an earlier blog link HERE.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Bart, The evolution of your building project is inspiring to view in these wonderful photos!
I recall when you headed off to Chaco Canyon, after our visit in Sante Fe and Taos, to spend time at the site. It does have "mini-Chaco" qualities as seen from the aerial views, but it's your inspiration being realized and it has some beautiful aspects that are exciting to see as the building develops.
I recall when that green plastic chair was sitting alone in a desert space that is now your construction site and we stood there as you told me of your thoughts and ideas...